Originally published on LinkedIn, our marketplace highlights for July are now up.
This article includes feature updates from Amazon and Bol, upcoming events you won't want to miss, information about Amazon entering two new markets in 2023, key predictions about the future of commerce, and more!
If you like getting the latest news and updates about marketplaces and ecommerce, subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on LinkedIn to stay in-the-know. 💡
What's in this newsletter?
- Prime Day Analysis + How to Get Ready for an Unexpected Second Prime Day (happening this fall)
- Bol Launches Game-Changing Update
- Amazon Launches Video Builder (Beta)
- The Top 10 Most Searched Keywords on Amazon (June & July)
- Events You Won't Want to Miss (Future-Proof Your Business)
- All Eyes on H2: Predictions & Trends (Whitepaper)
1. Prime Day Analysis + How to Get Ready for Prime Day 2.0
July saw the return of Amazon Prime Day – a 48 hour extravaganza where shoppers get access to steep deals from brands all over the world.
Before the event, we shared how brands could make the most of Prime Day with four key steps. After the event, our Head of Operations Anouck van Rietschoten hosted a 45-minute webinar to talk about Prime Day results, upcoming trends, and how to get ready for something new:
For the first time in history, Amazon is hosting a second Prime Day within the same year. The Prime Fall Deal Event (Prime Day 2.0) is happening this fall.
- Read a summary of our Prime Day analysis and top tips
- Watch an on-demand replay of our 45-minute webinar: Marketplace Masterclass - Post-Prime Day Opportunities, Results, and Trends
The insights were invaluable, the details we just enough, and overall the Masterclass was really interesting.
Add alt text
Pictured: The Incubeta Maze-One team in Amsterdam celebrated Prime Day with a team breakfast!
2. Bol Launches Game-Changing Update
As a Bol.com Gold Partner we updated our clients immediately (on the same day) about a new, big change:
As of July 4, 2022, brands now need to pay for their sponsored items to take the top two placements. This makes spot number three the highest possible unsponsored position.
What does that mean?
- Those who were number one for a particular search moved to position 3, unless they were sponsoring their products.
- If your product was seen as relevant for a specific category before the update, brands were eligible to win the sponsored product auction at a lower bid than competitors.
- Before brands can take the top two spots, they need to meet a long list of 'buy block' quality requirements.
- The time to invest in sponsored products was many yesterdays ago, but any time is better than never!
3. Amazon Launches Video Builder (Beta)
Getting video assets can be a difficult part of launching a video campaign. For brands that don't have the capacity to create videos that fit sponsored brand campaigns, Amazon's Beta Video Builder launch came as great news.
Add alt text
Pictured: Amazon Video Builder (Beta).
It comes with a set of customizable templates and styles that allow you to easily build and test video creatives to use with your Sponsored Brands Video (SBV) placements.
Now available in Germany, Spain, France, Italy, the UK, the US, Canada, and India.
4. The Top 10 Most Searched Keywords on Amazon (June & July)
What are we seeing overall? For one thing, summer is definitely upon us. The hunt for fans, pools, air conditioners, and all things made for cooling us down for the season are consistently high on the charts. However, aside from summer items, gadgets, toys for kids, and other surprising items are incredibly popular too. Check out the lists to find out more!
Fun Fact: The most searched for product/keyword on Amazon across these countries (both for June and July) is the Ventilator/Fan!
5. Events You Won't Want to Miss
This August: Amazon in New Markets (Webinars)
In 2023 Amazon is launching in Belgium and South Africa. This undoubtedly comes with big risks, benefits, opportunities, and requirements for both international and local players.
Want to learn everything you need to know? Now you can:
- Register Here - Amazon in Belgium - What to Expect & How to Prepare | August 16, 2022 (Tues) | 3:00PM - 3:45PM CET.
- Register Here - Amazon in South Africa - What to Expect & How to Prepare | August 24, 2022 (Wed) | 3:15PM - 4:00PM SAST.
Can't make it to the live webinar? No problem! Register anyway and we'll send you a link to an on-demand replay, as well as the presentation slides.
This September: Tomorrow's World (Global Seminar / Webinar)
What will the future look like? How will advertising, the world of work, data, and corporate social responsibilities change in the upcoming years? Join our global seminar to find out, streaming live from Google's HQ in London.
- Register Here - Tomorrow's World | September 22, 2022 (Thurs) | 3:30PM
All Eyes on H2 (whitepaper)
As pressure on budgets increases brands must seek to do more to understand what is working and what isn’t and ensure their efforts are focused on the areas that drive true value” – Lars Lehne, Incubeta Global Group CEO
At the end of 2021, we presented a survey to our global experts to gauge their opinions and thoughts on future trends in 2022 and beyond. Amalgamating their responses we curated a whitepaper: Incubeta Predicts: All Eyes on 2022.
As we settle into the second half of the year, we asked our global experts to reflect upon their initial predictions and how these will hold up in Q3 and Q4.
Download the whitepaper to get our predications on key topics:
- Sustainability, UX & Long Covid
- The War on Ukraine
- The Cost of Living Crisis
- Doing More With Less